From a reader: Traditional Parishes in Southeast Wisconsin

From a reader:
I hope this finds you well, I read your blog on the limited number or TLM parishes in WI when I was looking for a new parish. My wife and I are looking to move to Lake Geneva - Burlington area in the next few years.

My parents are looking to move sooner and we want them to end up close to us so our current and future children will have grandparents close by. Anyway to my question, do you have advice or resources on not just TLM parishes which seem kind of far away from the Lake Geneva area, but even reverent Novus Ordo parishes with a quality parish school?

I apologise for the very specific question from a stranger but your blog was one of the few sources I keep coming back to in my search for a parish.
No apology needed!  I've got to meet or correspond with many of you through the area and I really enjoy getting a chance to hear from you all.  I'll see if I can't ping a few people and get some more input, but let's see if we can get some readers to chime in to assist.  BTW, my goal is still to photograph every church in the state, but I'm going to need to figure out how to get an early retirement package to make it happen, haha.

Kenosha is about 45 minutes away and I'm pretty sure they still have the Latin Mass going there.   As far as non-dual form parishes, I'll have to get some more input.  Also you are likely out of range for any of the classical model schools.  I'll update this post if I get some email replies.

Update:
Mt. Carmel near 52nd st and 22 ave. Noon Sunday. Also Saturdays am.
---
Check St Peter's in Volvo Illinois about 1/2 south of Lake Geneva on US rt 12.

3 comments:

Dad29 said...

How far is Rockford from LG/Burl?

JoshD said...

St. Elizabeth and St. James in Kenosha both have very reverent Masses in the NO. I believe St. Elizabeth even has at least one of them Ad Orientem.

If Milwaukee is not too far of a drive, there is St. Stanislaus (TLM;ICTK), St. Anthony's (Best Novus Ordo in Wisconsin), and St. Josaphat's.

Anonymous said...

Seconding St. Anthony's in Milwaukee for reverent Novus Ordo. They do both hymn-singing and chanting, so the congregation still sings a lot. I think that some "high church" Masses (either TLM or NO) skew toward the people not participating in the singing, but St. Anthony does really well with the "both/and" in this regard. Good organist, good choral singing, good congregational hymns, good men's chant group -- all at every Mass!